Wildlife photography on
The primary goal of the Association is the protection of Capercaillie and the cultivation and repopulation of nature with regular monitoring.
President of the Association PhD Ivica Križ has been a huge bird lover since childhood. He had Turkish hens which he prepared for various exhibitions. At the beginning of 2011, he noticed on the cover of the Hunting Gazette the image of a capercaillie, which was the initial capital of the founding of the Tetrijeb (capercaillie) Animal Protection Association on January 19, 2012.
He was greatly supported in this enthusiastic venture by Josip Malnar, PhD. The Croatian Hunting Association and the president of the Hunting Federation of the PGZ, and Mr Anton Arh, the president of the Hunting Society "Tetrijeb" Čabar, as well as the longtime hunter of Mr Ante Džaja.
Chronologically, we can briefly describe the results and goals we have achieved over the years:
- In 2013, a study on the assessment of the risk of cultivation and repopulation of wild capercaillie (Tetrao urogalus) in nature, on the basis of which the Association "Tetrijeb" was the only one in the Republic of Croatia from the then Ministry of Environment and Nature to obtain a license for cultivation and strictly protected mountain birds from the Ice Age, with only about 100 individuals in the Republic of Croatia;
- Preparation of Expert study of monitoring of capercaillie in the area of Primorje-Gorski Kotar County for 2015 with the analysis of the reasons of threat and proposal of measures for the protection of capercaillie and its habitats (contractor Faculty of Forestry in Zagreb); Thus, the first systematic and scientific research of this bird began in the territory of the Republic of Croatia, which is a privilege;
- DNK Development of DNA genetic analysis in cooperation with the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in Zagreb 2014;
- In 2016, the first chicks of five males and one female hatched. This gave an additional reason for the construction of the Central European International Centre for the Growing of Capercaillie in Gorski Kotar (Republic of Croatia);
- Signed an Agreement with the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, the University of Zagreb on May 8, 2018, on scientific and teaching cooperation with the aim of creating more favourable conditions for pursuing their own activities, achieving excellence in the cultivation and research of capercaillie and enriching teaching contents;
- Signed an Agreement with the Faculty of Forestry, the University of Zagreb on 21 March 2019 on scientific and teaching cooperation with the aim of creating more favourable conditions for pursuing their own activities, achieving excellence in the cultivation and research of capercaillie, and enriching teaching contents;
- A large aviary measuring 80mx80mx4-8m in height at Farjev Laz, near Tršće, was built, where the Central European International Centre for the Breeding of Capercaillie was built, which became an innovative photo lab tourist offer. The project is worth EUR 800,000.00, which the President of the Tetrijeb Association, Ivica Križ, PhD, in the period from 2014 to 2019, was able to realize without the help of EU funds and loans, but with great support from the state enterprises of the Croatian Forest, HEP, HŽ, then Croatian Hunting Association and LS-PGŽ, as well as local government and self-government units. From the very beginning, the County of PGŽ recognized the seriousness, purpose and importance of the project, co-financing the project from 2014 to 2019 with HRK 652,200.00. On July 27, 2019, the Central European Breeding Centre Tetrijeb in Gorski Kotar was officially opened by the Mayor of the PGZ, Mr Zlatko Komadina, and the President of the Croatian Hunting Association, General Djuro Dečak.
PhD Ivica Križ
Nationality: Croat RH
Born: 29.10.1974. RH
Place of birth: Postojna RH
Names of parents: Ivan and Ivanka Križ
|16.06.1989.||Ivan Janeš Primary School Prezid, Croatia;|
|23.09.1992.||Ljubljana Secondary School of Chemistry, chemical laboratory assistant;|
|09.06.2000.||The National University of Rijeka, a technician for protection of persons and property, the high school for four years;|
|26.02.2001.||Passed professional exam for security guard (license);|
|08.12.2001||Passed a professional exam for a firefighter (license);|
|28.06.2001.||School of Chemistry and Graphics Rijeka, chemical process technician;|
|31.08.2006.||Certificate of Proficiency in Italian in Perugia (Italia);|
|23.10.2008.||The University of Zagreb, Catholic Faculty of Theology, acquired the academic title of Master of Theology;|
|07.05.2012.||The University of Sarajevo, Faculty of Islamic Sciences in Sarajevo, acquired the academic title of Master of Science in Comparative Religions;|
|28.10.2012.||Ordained priest at St. Christopher’s Church in Rab;|
|17.12.2014.||He defended his doctoral dissertation at the Faculty of Philosophy of the Society of Jesus in Zagreb as part of Croatian Studies. Topic: “Theological and Sociological Aspects of Interreligious Dialogue between Christians and Muslims in Bosnia and Herzegovina”. Gained the academic title of Doctor of Religious Sciences in the field of humanities, the field of religious sciences.|
Priest and University Professor.
Decorations and awards
|Year||Decorations & awards|
|12.09.2022||Awarded the most recognized National Geographic awards in the category: “Life on land”|
|15.12.2021||Association “Capercaillie” was presented with a silver plaque from the city of Čabar for valuable services and results in the field of breeding and protection of Capercaillie (Tetrao Urogallus).|
|24.09.2020||PhD Ivica Križ received the annual award of PGŽ for the successful work of the Association for the Protection of Animals “Tetrijeb”, whose founder and president he is, and his contribution to the promotion of the breeding of capercaillie, a rare animal species in PGŽ.|
|04.12.2014||Award for the Volunteer of the Year 2014 of the Primorje-Gorski Kotar County by the Mayor of Mr Zlatko Komadina for the revitalization of the Capercaillie in the Gorski Kotar forests.|
Memberships in social associations
President of Capercaillie Animal Protection Association
Member of the Hunting Society “Tetrijeb” Čabar and member of the Committee for the Entry of Game and Threatened Species LS-PGŽ in the term 2018-2022.
Chairman of the Supervisory Board of LD Tetrijeb Čabar
Knowledge and skills:
Driving license B category
Working on PC
Knowledge of foreign languages
|1. Book||The Salesian Society of Ivan Bosco and the Salesians in Croatia, Matica hrvatska, Čabar, 2009;|
|2. Book||Islam in the Light of Bishop Dr T. Jablanović, Matica hrvatska, Čabar, 2012;|
|3. Book||“Dialogue or …”, UMKI, Rijeka, 2015.|
|4. Article||Islam in the Light of Interreligious Dialogue with Bishop Tomislav Jablanović, Bishop, Logos, Tuzla, 2012;|
|5. Article||Dialogue opportunities in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Logos, Tuzla, 2015;|
|6. Book review||“Bogumils is eternal”, authored by M.Sc. Vinko Micetic, Rijeka, 2014|